When I was growing up, I apparently didn’t pay much attention when my Dad was showing me how to do stuff on my car. Now when I look under the hood for anything more than checking the oil, all I achieve is getting confused.
I imagine that’s how a lot of people feel when they look at their competitor’s sites getting lots of Google love, while they’re stuck on page 4, 7 … 20. Especially when there’s articles floating around that say there are more than 200 factors Google takes into account when ranking sites.
Well, yeah, there are. But for most search verticals there’s less than 10 that really count.
But 10 is still a lot if you don’t know where to begin.
If that’s you, then this video will point you in the right direction.
In it I look at real sites to show you just why they’re highly visible in Google.
- What does and doesn’t Google like
- The difference between ads, organic and map listings
- What causes a site to rank and why some don’t (there’s a lot to go into here)
- How to tell if you’ve received a penalty (either manual or algorithmic); and
- How long it could take to see results from your SEO efforts.
By the end of the video you’ll be on the way to being an SEO pro (or at least know how not to get the wool pulled over your eyes by people who pretend to be)…